The NBA got it’s last 2 1/2 weeks off to a running start with 10 games on Monday night. There’s another 6 games tonight with 11 tomorrow so there’s plenty of action as we come to the wire. Here’s a quick update on the playoffs and then the 5 best you can add for tonight. You can find all the news from last night’s game in the 5 lists of 5 after that, and if you’re look for the latest on NBA injuries, check here.
Eastern Conference Playoff Update: The Pacers and Magic both got wins at home keeping Orlando 1 game behind Indy for the 3-seed and tied with the idle Atlanta Hawks. The Bucks lost to the Thunder and slipped 1 1/2 games behind the Sixers and Knicks who are tied for the 8th and final playoff spot.
Western Conference Playoff Update: The Thunder beat Milwaukee while the Spurs rested their starters and lost at Salt Lake City moving OKC back into the first place in the Western Conference. The Lakers stayed in 3rd edging the Hornets even without Kobe Bryant. In Memphis, the Grizz got a big win over the visiting Clippers to move to 1/2 game behind the Clippers for the 4th-seed and home-court in the first round of the playoffs. At the bottom of the playoff picture, the Rockets, Jazz, Nuggets, Suns all won and gained 1/2 a game on the Mavs. The Rockets currently hold the 6th spot with Dallas and Denver tied for 7th-8th a game ahead of the charging Suns and 1 1/2 games ahead of Utah.
5 best fantasy basketball additions for today (4/10)
1. Glen Davis-Orl: (11.4%): Davis is expected to get another start and with Dwight Howard resting an ailing back. He had 16 points and 16 boards yesterday with 5 assists, a block, and a steal. He’s had double-doubles in 4 of 5 games and is averaging 20.6 points, and 12.2 rebounds over that time. The Wizards aren’t known for their defense, so expect another nice night for Davis.
2. Iman Shumpert-NY 44.5% ownership): Shumpert continues to play huge minutes for the Knicks. He had 15 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists, and 4 steals against Chicago on Sunday, and the Knicks visit Chicago for the second half of the home-and-home. Baron Davis continues to start at PG, but Shumpert is getting more time there with J.R. Smith at the 2-guard. In his last 5, Shumpert has averaged 12.8 points, 2.6 steals, 2.0 assists, and 3.2 rebounds.
3. Alonzo Gee-Cle (30%): The Cavs play the Bobcats so any Cav available could be worth the add, but Gee is my favorite Cav addition. He had 22 poins, 11 rebounds, and 5 assists in 41 minutes against the Nets. He can help tonight with assists, rebounds, possibly threes, and points if he’s available in your league.
4. Gerald Green-NJ: Green is inconsistent, but had 32 points against the Cavs on Sunday. If the Sixers put the Nets away early, or if he gets Gerald Wallace’s minutes, he could go off again tonight. You are rolling the dice if you add him, but if they come up right, it could be a big boost to your team.
5. Corey Maggette-Cha (28.4%): Make sure he’s going to play since he’s been struggling with a sore Achilles, but he showed last night he can still offer scoring. He had a team-high 23 in just 19 minutes with 3 boards against Washington. Tonight the Bobcats are in Cleveland.
5 Best Lines
1. Pau Gasol-LAL: Gasol had 25 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 blocks to lead the Kobe-less Lakers to victory in the Big Easy.
2. Goran Dragic-Hou: Dragic got the Rockes another big win in Portland as he scored 22 points with 4 three-pointers, 3 steals, 7 assists, and 3 steals.
3. Kevin Love-Min: Love had another 20-10 night with 25 points and 13 boards against Phoenix. He shot just 7-19 from the field and 1-6 from three-point territory while adding 2 assists and 2 steals.
4. Russell Westbrook-OKC: Westbrook led the Thunder with 26 points, 7 rebounds, 3 threes, 3 assists, and a steal as OKC beat the Bucks in Milwaukee.
5. Marc Gasol-Mem: Gasol led the Grizz-win over LA with a team-high 18 points to go with 2 blocks, 7 assists (also a team-high) and 8 rebounds. He shot 6-12 from the field and 6-7 from the FT line.
5 Unexpected Contributors
1. Kenneth Faried-Den: Faried had a huge night even though he only played 24 minutes. He had 27 points on 12-18 shooting and added 17 rebounds, 2 steals, a block, and an assist.
2. James Singleton-Was: James Singleton played 38 minutes off the bench and hit 6-9 shots from the field to score 18 points to go with his 12 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks in the Wizards win in Charlotte over the Bobcats.
3. Carl Landry-NO: Landry came off the bench for the Hornets and played 30 minutes with 20 points and 11 rebounds with 5 assists, 8-12 from the field, and a perfect 4-4 on FTs.
4. George Hill-Ind: Hill started in place of Darren Collison and had an efficient 36 minutes shootgin 5-9 from the field and 7-7 from the line while scoring 18 points to go with 7 rebounds, 4 assists, and a steal.
5. Thabo Sefolosha-OKC: Sefolosha played 31 minuts and had 14 points on 5-8 shooting including 2 threes, 3 assists, 5 rebounds, and an impressive 7 steals.
5 Other Solid Big Men
1. Glen Davis-Orl: Davis had 16 points and 16 boards with 5 assists, a steal, and a block as he led the Magic to the W without Dwight Howard.
2. LaMarcus Aldrige-Por: Despite the Blazers loss, Aldridge contributed another solid game with 20 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks.
3. Chris Kaman-NO: Kaman added 5 blocks, 4 rebounds, a steal, and 3 assists to his 16 points for New Orleans.
4.Kevin Durant-OKC: Durant had 19 points, 8 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks, and a steal an OKC got past the Bucks.
5. Al Jefferson-Uta: Jefferson had 12 points, 10 reobounds, 4 blocks, 3 assists, and a steal in his 36 minutes in Utah’s win over the Spurs.
5 Other Good Guards
1. Devin Harris-Uta: Harris had a team-high 25 points with 6 rebounds and 6 assists with a block and a steal as Utah got the 2nd half of the home-and-home with San Antonio.
2. Greivis Vasquez-NO: Vasquez had 18 points and 11 assists with 2 steals as he took over the starting PG job once again. With Jarrett Jack out for the rest of the season, Vasquez is a good pickup if you need assists.
3. Ramon Sessions-LAL: Sessions had 17 points, 6 assists, and 6 boards with a steal and a three-pointer in 32 minutes in the Lakers win.
4. Jason Richardson-Orl: Richardson hit 6 of 7 threes as he slid to the SF spot to make room for J.J. Redick at the 2. He had 22 points with a rebounds and an assist as he got Orlando past Detroit.
5. Kemba Walker-Cha: Walker had 16 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, and a steal as he played 36 minutes while starting with D.J. Augustin still sidelined. He still struggled shooting, but his final line was decent.