We are getting awfully close to the All Star break here and if things aren’t going right for your squad, you definitely need a mix up. Whether it’s a blockbuster trade or a massive waiver wire tirade, you can’t sit in the cellar much longer. So in honor of your switch up, I’m gonna switch things up. Below I’m going to list 10 players in order from most impact to least that are currently free agents in most leagues that have extreme potential to be impact players for your squad.
1. Trevor Bauer, ARZ SP- My boy is finally getting the call on Thursday against the Braves. He’s waited long enough after tearing up both AA and AAA. If you’ve stashed him on your bench, good for you. If not, go grab him ASAP.
2. Anthony Rizzo, CHC 1B – Rizzo is also getting pulled up and will become their every day 1st basemen. LaHair will move to outfield. Rizzo has been on fire all season long and the Cubs definitely could use his offense.
3. Will Middlebrooks, BOS 3B – With the trade going down on Sunday, Middlebrooks is finally receiving his full shot. He will be their everyday guy at the hot corner and if he keeps this production up, watch out folks.
4. Cody Ross, BOS OF – Everyone forget about this guy when he hit the DL, but now that he’s back, he picked up right where he left off. He is on a power surge lately, and will be a big boost to anyone’s lineup.
5. Salvador Perez, KC C – Another top prospect who got the call. Perez homered in his first game as a Royal this season and seems to be KC’s answer behind the dish.
6. Kevin Youkilis, CWS 3B – Not owned in every league and this is a problem. Youk is one of the top third basemen still in the league and will want to prove everyone wrong as he transfers Sox.
7. Ike Davis, NYM 1B – A guy with unlimited potential that just hasn’t gotten it yet. Well here it is. He’s secretly getting hot for the sleeper Mets and I see him continuing his streak.
8. Chris Archer, TB SP – With Hellickson on the DL, Archer stepped in and had a quality first career start. Although he took the loss, Archer looked extremely composed and I think he will do well filling in.
9. Bobby Parnell, NYM RP – Frank Francisco on the DL and the job is all Bobby’s. He’s had success at Citi Field the last couple of years, but now as a closer, I see him locking down these wins for the Mets.
10. Jair Jurrjens, ATL SP – After a terrible beginning of the season, Jair is back. His first start since being called up was a success against Boston earning a W. He was a top of the line pitcher last season and if he has it figured out, then please go grab him.
Hello, Waiver Wire
No changes here though. Still straight up guys who I feel no trouble letting go. If the 10 guys above are on the wire, don’t feel any remorse dropping these guys for them.
Brandon Beachy – ATL SP (Tommy John), Clay Bucholz – BOS SP (DL), Michael Saunders – SEA OF, Chris Young – ARZ OF, Jeff Samardzija – CHC SP, Jason Vargas – SEA SP, Daniel Murphy – NYM IF