Now Entering FantasyLand
The beauty of every fantasy football season can be found within the depths of the unknown. Prior to last season, if you were to tell me Rob Gronkowski would break the single-season TD record for tight ends, I probably would’ve taken you as seriously as a “professional” Auto-Drafter. Some may argue that one torn Jamaal Charles ACL or Jahvid Best concussion can send a fantasy squad reeling. Whether it’s the former or the latter, one ripple can send the flow of FantasyLand into bedlam and have owners scrambling for answers. I find it best to not let these things sneak up on you. Asking questions proactively can provide you with a roadmap to the waiver wire while simultaneously keeping you several steps ahead of the competition.
With the 2012 campaign on the horizon, here are 15 pressing questions that will need to be answered in the first few weeks of the season that will affect fantasy owners everywhere.
1. How will Kansas City utilize the talents of both Jamaal Charles AND Peyton Hillis and what does it mean for fantasy owners?
2. Will Kevin Smith’s “Ankleitis” continue to be an issue for his fantasy shareholders in 2012?
3. Robert Griffin III = Vick/Brady/Manning Hybrid OR Robert Griffin III = Akili Smith?
4. How big of a threat does David Wilson pose to Ahmad Bradshaw’s workload?
5. WHEN Darren McFadden goes down, will it be Taiwan Jones or Mike Goodson who answers the call?
6. Would Mike Shanahan even tell his wife what direction he wants to go with the Washington backfield?
7. Will the Kevlar body armor designed exclusively for Michael Vick keep him in one piece?
8. Does Jay Cutler finally have enough weapons at his disposal to become a Top-5 fantasy quarterback?
9. Was “Well, it’s Peyton Manning.” a plausible argument?
10. Did Jermichael Finley wring the grease out of his hands in the offseason?
11. Who is 2012’s Victor Cruz? Gronkowski? Stafford?
12. In what week does Tim Teb….Just Kidding.
13. Does Cam Newton build on his monumental rookie campaign?
14. How will the acquisition of Michael Bush change Matt Forte’s fantasy output?
15. You know that price you paid for Gronk and Jimmy Graham? Was it worth it?
Let us know what your biggest question is or what you think the answers to these 15 will be in the comments section at the bottom of the page.