May 18, 2013; San Jose, CA, USA; San Jose Sharks center Joe Thornton (19) and center Logan Couture (39) and defenseman Brent Burns (88) celebrate after Couture scored the game-winning goal against the Los Angeles Kings during overtime in game three of the second round of the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs at HP Pavilion. The San Jose Sharks defeated the Los Angeles Kings 2-1 in overtime. Mandatory Credit: Ed Szczepanski-USA TODAY Sports

Streak For The Cash Picks, May 21 Analysis And Previews

In tonight’s Streak for the Cash options, the San Antonio Spurs and Tony Parker take on the Memphis Grizzlies in game two of the Western Conference finals of the 2013 NBA Playoffs at AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports

Tuesday is another light day on ESPN’s Streak for the Cash, but there are some good chances from the MLB, NBA, and NHL. Things get started this morning before those picks with options from Czech and Irish soccer and the SEC tournament in college baseball. Here’s my quick picks for this Tuesday:

5/21 Streak Picks

10:30- Ole Miss wins by 2+: Ole Miss take on Kentucky in their first SEC Tournament game. Kentucky actually took two of three from the Rebs earlier this season winning 5-4 and 3-2 while Ole Miss blew them out 11-5 in the one game they won. It’s a one-game play-in format to advance to the double-elimination. The SEC is a great baseball conference and Ole Miss came through 15-15 while UK was 11-19. College baseball is extremely unpredictable, but the Rebs are more likely to win this game by 2+, in my opinion, than to lose or win by just one. Confidence Meter: (out of 10)

2:15- Liberec win: Liberec has won four of their last five matches overall and sit third in the Czech table at 14-5-8. Today they host FK Teplice who have also won their last two but are 11th in the table at 7-8-12. The reason Liberec is the pick is because of their home record with is 9-3-1 while Teplice is just 1-3-9 on the road. Confidence Meter: 4

Apr 24, 2013; St. Petersburg, FL, USA; Tampa Bay Rays starting pitcher Alex Cobb (53) throws a pitch against the New York Yankees at Tropicana Field. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

7:07- Tampa Bay Rays: Tampa lost yesterday in their first game in Toronto as they lost to R.A. Dickey and the Jays 7-5. Tonight they’ll face journeyman Ramon Ortiz while they counter with Alex Cobb. The Rays offense has been performing well, and if they get a solid start from Cobb I think they’ll get the win and even the series. Confidence Meter: 5

7:10- Cincinnati Reds: The Reds took the first game of their three-tame set against the Met at Citi Field and can move back to .500 on the road with a win tonight. They’ll turn to Mike Leake on the mound who pitched 6 2/3 shutout innings in Miami in his last start and comes in 3-2 with a 3.72 ERA on the season. The Reds Jay Bruce has been carrying the Cincinnati offense who will face Jonathon Niese who comes in with a 5.40 ERA and a 3-4 record. He’s also struggled against the Reds in the past going 1-2 with a 5.61 ERA in four starts. New York has dropped four in a row after last night’s loss and has just two wins in their last 11 home games. Niese has been shaky this year, and I think Leake and the Reds lineup both give them the advantage Confidence Meter: 7

May 15, 2013; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Zack Greinke (21) talks with catcher A.J. Ellis (17) during the sixth inning against the Washington Nationals at Dodger Stadium. The Dodgers defeated the Nationals 3-1. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

8:10- Los Angeles Dodgers: Behind Clayton Kershaw, the Dodgers took game one in Milwaukee last night. Tonight they’ll hope for another solid outing as they give the ball to Zack Greinke. Greinke was pitching well before his broken collarbone sidelined him and looked solid in his first start back last week. He gets to go back to the stadium he called home for a year and a half and take on his former teammates. He’ll be opposed by Hiram Burgos who has struggled after a solid start to his rookie campaign and comes into this one 1-2 with a 6.58 ERA. The Brewers have all been struggling lately losing seven of eight at home and are just 2-9 in their last 11 games overall. Confidence Meter: 6

8:10- Houston Astros: The Astros host the Kansas City Royals tonight after getting a win in the series-opener 6-5 yesterday. Streakers are flocking to the Royals but they’ve lost their last four in a row and are 3-11 in their last 14 games. Not that Houston has played much better, but they do have their ace Bud Norris on the mound as they face Wade Davis who has given up 11 runs in his last two starts and four or more in four of his last five. Norris on the other hand will look to bounce back after a rough start his last time out, but he had been pitching well in his previous three allowing three earned runs or less in each and getting deep into ballgames. I actually think the Astros are the pick here even though they’re getting picked by less than 2% of entries at the time of this post. Confidence Meter: 4

8:35- Any Other Team: Orlando and Charlotte have a 45% chance of winning meaning AOT has a 55% chance of winning. This is one of the few props where the odds aren’t really arguable although some may say the whole thing’s rigged. Confidence Meter: 3 1/2

9:05- San Antonio Spurs: The Spurs dominated in game one as they took on the Grizz. This series is one that I think home teams will dominate and the Spurs are 5 1/2 point favorites to win game two. Confidence Meter: 5

10:10- San Jose Sharks: Speaking of home teams, the home team is 3-0  in the Sharks-Kings series as LA has a 2-1 advantage. The Sharks host game four at the HP Pavilion after an OT win in game three. San Jose has been great all year at home with a 17-2-5 record in this year’s shortened season. Confidence Meter: 4

10:15- San Francisco Giants: After the Zach Duke-Ryan Vogelsong matchup in game one of the series, two pitchers from the opposite end of the spectrum face off as aces Matt Cain and Sephen Strasburg meet in game two. Strasburg and Cain have both gotten little run support lately and have had up-and-down years. At home though, the Giants are 16-7 while the Nats have lost three in a row and five of eight on their West Coast swing. Confidence Meter: 5

Streak Scoreboard-May 

Yesterday’s Results: 6-3

Overall Record for the month: 147-105

Record in confident picks (confidence 6+): 40-24 (2-1 yesterday)

Longest Personal Streak: W5 (twice)

Current Personal Streak: W2 (Dodgers)

Tags: MLB Picks NBA Picks NHL Picks Playoff Picks Soccer Picks Streak For The Cash Picks

comments powered by Disqus