We’ve made it! Football is back, and with that comes the over analyzing of the preseason, trying to find any advantage we can for our upcoming drafts. Many fantasy champions are made in the preseason. From analyzing rookies to scoping out all of the off-season moves, I will try to help you prepare as well. We’re going to start this series by listing key take aways from last night’s bevy of preseason games along with last Sunday’s Hall of Fame Game. Keep checking in throughout the day to see more of my analysis from the first round of preseason games!
Kansas City Chiefs vs Cincinnati Bengals
- As if you needed any other reason to draft A.J. Green, he hauled in a 53 yard bomb last night.
- For you IDP players, Vontaze Burfict looks to be in top form already, and is a top three option among linebackers.
- Jamaal Charles showcased why he got his big contract in the offseason last night, and is still the focal point of the offense.
- Travis Kelce had a 69 yard touchdown, and if the guy can stay healthy, he is a real sleeper option. The second year tight end was sidelined last year due to injury and made the most of his opportunity last night by outrunning the entire Bengals secondary. Yes, a tight end did that!
- Dwayne Bowe looked better, showing up to camp 15 pounds under his usual weight. He needs to recapture some of his 2010 season magic to ignite the Chiefs’ stale passing game.
- DeAnthony Thomas ran in a highlight reel 80 yard punt return on his first NFL touch. Although he wont translate to much production on your fantasy team, keep an eye on how the Chiefs plan to use him. He could turn into a Darren Sproles type player to compliment Jamaal Charles.