We’ve made it! Football is back, and with that comes the over analyzing of the preseason, trying to find any advantage we can for our upcoming drafts. Many fantasy champions are made in the preseason. From analyzing rookies to scoping out all of the off-season moves, I will try to help you prepare as well. We’re going to start this series by listing key take aways from last night’s bevy of preseason games along with last Sunday’s Hall of Fame Game. Keep checking in throughout the day to see more of my analysis from the first round of preseason games!
San Diego Chargers vs Dallas Cowboys
- Ryan Matthews played well up until he decided to jump over the line from about the 4 yard line to try to score a touchdown instead of powering in. This led to him fumbling the ball in the end zone.
- Danny Woodhead is still a good late round PPR option. He ran for 10 yards on two carries, and also caught one ball for 22 yards. Woodhead and Matthews will likely split the load this season, but I would target Danny Woodhead because he has better value later in the draft.
- Ladarius Green had some early catches and looked great, but with Antonio Gates still in the picture I would stay away. He won’t get many chances for fantasy production as long as Gates remains the focal point of the offense.
- Branden Oliver played really well. He ran for 64 yards and a score on just seven carries. Dynasty players take notice.
- Dallas’s defense was horrible. They will likely be the defense that is streamed against this fantasy season.
- On the other side of the ball, the O-line looked great which ultimately helps Demarco Murray and Tony Romo. Of course, if they keep Romo upright, that also bodes well for Dez Bryant and Jason Witten.