We’ve made it! Football is back, and with that comes the over analyzing of the preseason, trying to find any advantage we can for our upcoming drafts. Many fantasy champions are made in the preseason. From analyzing rookies to scoping out all of the off-season moves, I will try to help you prepare as well. This series has to do with fantasy trends from this weeks bevy of preseason games. I hope you’ve enjoyed my rundowns of the preseason games! Stayed tuned for breakdowns of every preseason game here.
New England Patriots vs Philadelphia Eagles
- Jordan Matthews had a nice game last night compared to his atrocious week one performance. He made nine catches for 104 yards with no drops compared to three last week. With everyone in the fantasy world trying to find the next Keenan Allen, Matthews is in position to actually post decent numbers in this Chip Kelly offense despite rookie receivers not making much impact.
- Zach Ertz played well, finishing his night with two catches for 26 yards and a touchdown. With Riley Cooper and Jeremy Maclin both struggling with injuries, camp standout Zach Ertz could have a break out year. The only downside is that Brent Celek will still take away a few looks.
- Nick Foles rebounded from last week’s performance as well, ending his night going 8 of 10 for 81 yards and a touchdown. Foles rebounded and changed some minds after last week’s performance left people questioning his abilities.
- Stevan Ridley got the start for the Patriots, and ran for 45 yards on nine carries up until he managed to cough up the ball in the second quarter and was benched for the rest of the game. The fumble troubles continue for Ridley,and Belichick will not have it. Watch out the rest of the preseason to see if anyone else gets a start.
- Kenbrell Thompkins was targeted three times by Tom Brady, along with Julian Edelman getting four targets. Both look to be good options in PPR leagues with Edelman being the more consistent receiver. Thompkins had a nice touchdown catch, and seems to be a favorite red zone target for Brady. He has a lot of upside given the looks he is getting in the red zone.