We’ve made it! Football is back, and with that comes the over analyzing of the preseason, trying to find any advantage we can for our upcoming drafts. Many fantasy champions are made in the preseason. From analyzing rookies to scoping out all of the off-season moves, I will try to help you prepare as well. This series has to do with fantasy trends from this weeks bevy of preseason games. I hope you’ve enjoyed my rundowns of the preseason games! Stayed tuned for breakdowns of every preseason game here.
New Orleans Saints vs Tennessee Titans
- Jimmy Graham is unstoppable. He had five catches for 46 yards and two touchdowns. Nothing more to say, the man can not be stopped.
- Brandin Cooks only had one catch for 16 yards, but he barely missed on a bomb that would have been a touchdown. More importantly, he ran with the first team offense and needs to be drafted everywhere.
- Mark Ingram and Khiry Robinson split carries, and neither one of them pulled away from the competition. Ingram ended with 19 yards on five carries. This was a big step back from his monster game last week. Robinson ended with 11 yards on four carries.
- Kendall Wright had five targets from Jake Locker, and is a very good option in PPR leagues. He grabbed three of the targets for 20 yards, and seems to be Jake Locker’s favorite target.
- Justin Hunter was targeted once by Locker in the end zone, and grabbed the touchdown. He ended his impressive performace with 111 yards on four catches with the other targets coming from Zach Mettenberger. Hunter can have a breakout year, but he does not get enough targets from Locker.
- Shonn Greene ended his night running for 46 yards on nine carries, but he also lost a fumble. Greene was injured, but it turned out to be nothing serious so Bishop Sankey’s stock remains the same.
- Speaking of Sankey, he ended his night with 31 yards on six carries, That said, he did not do anything major to pull into the starting running back position.