We’ve made it! Football is back, and with that comes the over analyzing of the preseason, trying to find any advantage we can for our upcoming drafts. Many fantasy champions are made in the preseason. From analyzing rookies to scoping out all of the off-season moves, I will try to help you prepare as well. This series has to do with fantasy trends from this weeks bevy of preseason games. I hope you’ve enjoyed my rundowns of the preseason games! Stayed tuned for breakdowns of every preseason game here.
Denver Broncos vs San Francisco 49′ers
- Not much news on San Francisco’s side. Michael Crabtree and Anquan Boldin saw just one target each. Frank Gore had two carries. Colin Kaepernick was only on the field for two drives going 5 of 9 for 39 yards.
- Peyton Manning ripped the 49ers defense going, 12 of 14 for 102 yards. As expected, Demaryius Thomas hauled in all of his targets, finishing with 37 yards on five receptions. Thomas seems to be eating all of Eric Decker‘s targets, but it could be due to Emmanuel Sanders being sidelined with an injury.
- Another important thing to note is that both running backs had two targets each. Montee Ball could be in for a big season in PPR leagues with Peyton Manning under center. He could be in for a huge boost in PPR leagues.
- The 49ers are still scoreless in their new stadium. Denver’s defense looked good. San Fran’s did not. They were shredded by both Manning and Brock Osweiler.
- Carlos Hyde wasn’t nearly as much of a factor as he was in the first game. He managed just 11 yards on four carries. Then again, no one in the Niners backfield really got anything against the Broncos on Saturday.