We’ve made it! Football is back, and with that comes the over analyzing of the preseason, trying to find any advantage we can for our upcoming drafts. Many fantasy champions are made in the preseason. From analyzing rookies to scoping out all of the off-season moves, I will try to help you prepare as well. This series has to do with fantasy trends from this weeks bevy of preseason games. I hope you’ve enjoyed my rundowns of the preseason games! Stayed tuned for breakdowns of every preseason game here.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs Buffalo Bills
- The entire city of Buffalo almost imploded, as Sammy Watkins came up with a rib injury. Luckily nothing major came of it. He is still someone I would stay away from seeing as he is tied down to EJ Manuel.
- EJ Manuel ended his night going 17 of 27 for 148 yards and an interception, but he had an inflated stat line due to playing against the second and third string, just like Geno Smith earlier in the day.
- Robert Woods had six targets, and seems to have an established rapport with EJ Manuel. Woods is the lowest risk wideout on this team if you want to risk taking anyone attached to the inconsistent Manuel.
- Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller split the work right down the middle, with Jackson edging CJ in yardage and catching all of his seven targets. Jackson is looking to turn this running back mess into his best Joique Bell – Reggie Bush impersonation. Fred Jackson is a much safer pick at a much lower ADP, and seems to be in top form despite his age.
- Antonio Brown is a fast man. He hauled one of his targets for 76 yards, accounting for more than half of Roethlisberger’s yardage. Brown will likely be a top ten fantasy receiver this year, and could be even better in PPR leagues. He will see a lot of targets this year.