We’ve made it! Football is back, and with that comes the over analyzing of the preseason, trying to find any advantage we can for our upcoming drafts. Many fantasy champions are made in the preseason. From analyzing rookies to scoping out all of the off-season moves, I will try to help you prepare as well. This series has to do with fantasy trends from this weeks bevy of preseason games. I hope you’ve enjoyed my rundowns of the preseason games! Stayed tuned for breakdowns of every preseason game here.
New York Giants vs New York Jets
- Eli Manning finally found the end zone last for the first time this preseason. If that wasn’t enough cause for concern, Manning also fumbled twice and had one near interception that was reversed by the officials. At this point there is no reason for anyone to draft Manning. Keep away.
- Rashad Jennings is still a must-draft, and is one of the few bright fantasy spots on this team. Jennings ended his night with 67 yards on 13 carries and was targeted three times by Manning. He caught one of them for seven yards. He could be Manning’s dump off option multiple times a game as this offensive line continues to get destroyed.
- Eric Decker finally played last night, and had a nice showing as the Jets number one receiver. He had three receptions for 31 yards and a score. It could have been better had he not dropped two passes.
- Geno Smith went 9 of 14 for 137 yards and a touchdown, Smith will be extremely inconsistent this season. He will likely be up and down depending on the matchup of the week.
- Chris Johnson had a deceiving line due to most of his production coming in garbage time against the second team. Johnson will likely be a boom or bust player, Chris Ivory is the much better runner, but he is made of glass.