We’ve made it! Football is back, and with that comes the over analyzing of the preseason, trying to find any advantage we can for our upcoming drafts. Many fantasy champions are made in the preseason. From analyzing rookies to scoping out all of the off-season moves, I will try to help you prepare as well. This series has to do with fantasy trends from this weeks bevy of preseason games. I hope you’ve enjoyed my rundowns of the preseason games! Stayed tuned for breakdowns of every preseason game here.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Buffalo Bills
- E.J. Manuel continues to play poorly, and the fans aren’t afraid to let him know it. Manuel ended his night going 19 of 28 for 198 yards with a touchdown and an interception. Don’t let his numbers fool you. Most of his production came in garbage time yet again.
- Fred Jackson had a decent night on the ground, but is impressing with his receptions and targets. Jackson was targeted seven times, and looks to be a nice sneaky PPR play if he can carry this production into the regular season. Jackson is one C.J. Spiller injury away from posting some very solid numbers this season. He should be ranked much closer to Spiller than he is now. He already has goal line duties, and Spiller’s injury concerns are always troublesome.
- Josh McCown rebounded nicely after having a rough preseason start. McCown went 13 of 16 for 112 yards with a touchdown and an interception. McCown will be a viable bye week option as he has a very nice set of receivers in Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans.
- Vincent Jackson caught his five targets for 43 yards, and is looking to have a nice year with McCown under center. He has an ADP of a second wide receivers with top 15 potential. Don’t shy away.
- Doug Martin had a great showing last night, and is set to have a bounce back year with injuries to two other Buccaneer running backs. Martin had 38 yards on 12 carries and a touchdown. He also showed some nice hands as he almost took one of his two receptions to the house for 21 yards. but was stopped inches short of the goal line. This is a definite bounce back year for Martin. Get him while he is still fairly cheap compared to his late first round ADP of a few weeks ago.