We’ve made it! Football is back, and with that comes the over analyzing of the preseason, trying to find any advantage we can for our upcoming drafts. Many fantasy champions are made in the preseason. From analyzing rookies to scoping out all of the off-season moves, I will try to help you prepare as well. This series has to do with fantasy trends from this weeks bevy of preseason games. I hope you’ve enjoyed my rundowns of the preseason games! Stayed tuned for breakdowns of every preseason game here.
Kansas City Cheifs vs Minnesota Vikings
- Cordarrelle Patterson is starting to look like a high end WR2. He looks to be the focal point of this passing attack with a low end WR1 ceiling due to Matt Cassel being under center. Patterson ended with three receptions for 71 yards and one touchdown on 5 targets.
- Alex Smith struggled night, as he did not have his usual weapons at his disposal. Nothing much was shown last night in this game for fantasy purposes. With Jamaal Charles and Dwayne Bowe out, you can probably give Smith a pass in this one. That said, the Chiefs offense has not mustered a touchdown drive on the last 16 drives with Alex Smith at quarterback. That is a pretty ominous sign.
- Kyle Rudolph showed some flashes last night with two receptions for 38 yards on three targets. More importantly, Rudolph continues to be a big redzone target, and will have a breakout season under offensive coordinator Norv Turner.
- The Vikings were without Adrian Peterson as well, but Cassel didn’t seem to struggle much. He still went 9-17 with 152 yards with a touchdown and an interception.
- Teddy Bridgewater had another nice showing, going 4-7 for 40 yards. That’s not much, but he did throw two touchdown passes.