We’ve made it! Football is back, and with that comes the over analyzing of the preseason, trying to find any advantage we can for our upcoming drafts. Many fantasy champions are made in the preseason. From analyzing rookies to scoping out all of the off-season moves, I will try to help you prepare as well. This series has to do with fantasy trends from this weeks bevy of preseason games. I hope you’ve enjoyed my rundowns of the preseason games! Stayed tuned for breakdowns of every preseason game here.
Cincinnati Bengals vs Arizona Cardinals
- Mohamed Sanu was impressive last night, and looks to be the Bengals’ number two receiver as Marvin Jones is sidelined with an injury. He finished his night with five receptions on seven targets for 70 yards. Sanu is a nice late round flier as most eyes are set on Marvin Jones’ performance last season along with A.J. Green drawing coverage.
- Giovanni Bernard had a tough night, but it is not a cause for concern as Arizona has one of the best run defenses in the league. Bernard went 17 yards on 10 carries on the night.
- Carson Palmer had too many missed opportunities last night as he overthrew two easy touchdowns in the endzone along with 1 interception. Palmer ended his night going a subpar 7 of 19 for 92 yards.
- Andre Ellington is showing he can walk the walk with all the preseason hype he has been getting. Ellington was very impressive, running for 46 yards on nine carries. Ellington is approaching must-draft status, and looks every bit the part of his current ADP of the mid third round. He will be a good RB2 this season.
- John Brown continued his stellar preseason performance with a highlight reel 30 yard touchdown catch in the end zone. Brown ended his night with 56 yards on four receptions and a touchdown. The rookie is one of the most hyped receivers of the preseason, but with Larry Fitzgerald and Malcolm Floyd taking targets, Brown likely won’t be much of a factor this season.