Many fantasy champions are made in the preseason. From analyzing rookies to scoping out all of the off-season moves, I will try to help you prepare as well.
Unfortunately as many of us know, week 4 of the preseason is not exactly a fantasy showcase as many of the starters usually sit and prepare for the regular season. Although almost all of the starters sat this Thursday, I will breakdown a few of the highlights this week for fantasy purposes.
I usually do a game-by-game wrap up for preseason, but there was simply not enough relevant information to do that this week.
NFL: Week 4 wrap up
- Blake Bortles has to start! He has done too much to just sit on the bench at this point. Bortles went 4 of 6 for 86 yards and a touchdown. He can be picked up now and stashed as a bye week flier later in the season in 2 QB leagues.
- Sammy Watkins aggravated his rib injury and should be avoided in most leagues due to E.J. Manuel being under center. Manuel also struggled last night with his final poor preseason performance.
- Jeremy Hill will be the man to own if Giovani Bernard gets hurt. Hill was impressive, running for 90 yards on 20 carries along with 70 yards on six receptions. That said, he won’t see much of the field as he is still struggling a bit with picking up the blitz.
- Terrence West had one fumble, and it could cost him some playing time. Ben Tate has separated himself just a bit from West this preseason.
- Johnny Manziel had accuracy issues again last night, but managed to pick up some nice yardage on the ground. Manziel managed 55 yards on four carries and went 6 of 17 for 83 yards and one touchdown.
- Cody Latimer could see some playing time this season if one of the many Denver receivers ends up with an injury. Latimer has impressed all camp and had a nice showing last night. Latimer finished with 66 yards on three receptions. He will be a sought after waiver wire pick up if/when Wes Welker gets injured.
- Derek Carr impressed last night, and might have won himself a starting job. Carr shredded the Seattle D last night going 11 of 13 for 143 yards and three touchdowns. He managed to lead one touchdown drive on the Seattle starters, and proceeded to tear up the second team on the rest of his night.